make gif

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

FINALLY!! I'm posting!! Sorry it's been so long since I posted!


This post , I was asked to be a Guest Designer for this month on the Dueling Darlings. The kit was sent to me to make this card, with the idea to make a card with something you would NOT wear on it. So.....




The image used is from American Art Stamp (Body By); and it made me think of previous years in my life. Copics were used to color the image. In the background, I made a pattern of blocks, with a color band down the middle - similar to a quilt. That's why the word REMEMBER is used - remember those times. I would not wear a quilt to a party! Of course, the brad used is a coffee cup as these ladies are drinking coffee while they eat cookies and ponder.... and the DP used with chocolate chips is so good to frame the image with since cookies are in the image!


I've really enjoyed being a Guest Designer this month!!


And I promise not to wait so long between posts on my blog!!

11 comments:

  1. I love how you used the dp as panels! They make a great backdrop to the image!!

    So nice to have you as our guest this month!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet--welcome to our group and the fun duel this month!

    Your card is perfect and I love the colors blocks. That image sure does put a smile on my face!

    Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you laid out the papers! This is so good! Wow! wish I would have thought of that! O my!
    It's great to have you with us this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use the papers as panels. They blend better that way, if that is possible!

    I hope you had fun joining us this month, as we enjoyed having you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Janet. Your card is way to cute! I love that company's stamps and your certainly did it justice with that great coloring. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the duel, Janet! You've created a fabulous card using this cute and quirky kit. Love how you created a background quilt of the d.p. and framed that hilarious image with the choc. chip d.p.!! Perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you put me to shame my dear!! LOL what a great card! This is super and the yellow framing the panels really make it pop! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet, your card is gorgeous! I love the panels using all those designer papers. What a great way to showcase them, yet hide the fact that they don't match. And your placement of every element is amazing! The end result is an absolutely beautiful card. I don't know how you did it, because that kit was truly atrocious! Tee Hee!

    Thank you for playing along this month as our Guest Designer! I appreciate you and am glad you have so much fashion sense!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Janet! I knw it was a fun filled kit to work with and you did an awesome job!! Great layout and use of all of the DPs!

    I am very glad you were a guest this month for the Dazzlers! can't wait to see more of your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Janet...I am so glad you joined us this month...I love your card and the quilt in the background is wonderful. Great way to use all the dsp and I'm with you...wear a quilt?? out?? not so much...lol...great card. (wonderful coloring as well).....

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an absolutly fabulous card U created with Jeanette's kit Janet! Loveee how U cleverly used the multitude of d/p and how U applied the main fun image on top of a 'bed' of chocolate chips...U sure rocked this challenge BIG time...your card is fantastic indeed! Thank you for your awesome partecipation this month!:o)

    ReplyDelete